- Opposition contesting the validity of the polls.
- Campus deaths, and the modern university as a bastion of political mojo.
- State muffling of news.
- Overbearing use of state security force, which at time restrains, at others molests.
- Social schisms becoming more apparent between ganj folks and townie yaars.
- Clear foreign backing for the pro-western narrative.
- Clear local desire for change.
- Copycatting of US election sloganeering.
- Substantial, under-reported local support for the incumbent.
- Outside ummahtic conservatives over-valuing the status quo and the whole 'sticking two fingers up at the west', over basic internal justice.
- Ummatic over-emphasis on the symbolic importance of Iran.
- Hundreds of thousands demonstrating physically, amplifying, forcing powerful hands.
- Other national yaars wetting themselves over the use of web 2.0.
- A distinct rupture of a political phase that has lasted a generation.
- Common use of raw betrayal and treachery accusations.
- The risk of political over-compensation evaporating real and struggled-for gains
This is my nonsecular political dua (prayer)
Oh Allah, assist the sisters and brother in Iran in their struggle for truth and life
Protect them from the plots of eachother, and foreigners
Prevent the reckless from wrecking things
Promote just, creative resolution, whatever that may be
because you know best, I dont really have a clue.