This year's Ramadan burns the summer holiday period, apparently we have had an Arab Spring and we fast with hope and scope. Just like in 1979, for the Iranians, or Laylatul Qadr, 1947, 14th night/15th August, for the Indians. (Reach to 1915 and we have the Late Ottoman / Armenian Mayhem hmmm)
Thirty-two is an interesting Ummahtic Time Period. If we pile on and superpose these images i wonder what we could understand. Maybe how we dance to the music of celestial bodies.
Thirty-two years is a good period with which to prod our collective selves for reflections of qualitative change. Deeds and taqwa through higher objective struggle, deen, life, dignity, intellect and property.
- How close are we to its core? What is the depth of atheisation?
- How are we treating creation? How are our lives unfolding?
- How does the Musalman earn and produce honour these days? How prevalant is humiliation and disgrace?
- How have our peronal and social intelligences refined and honed? Is religious education getter more or less stupifying?
- Are our assets safe from eachother? How secure are we form material poverty?