Decolonial Duas for positive transformation and collective learning from this episode of Ummahtic Disaster Studies.
Stable URLs are harder to come by these days, so here are some resources which I will update.
- An annotated English translation of one particular coup participant Whatsapp group.
- The Daily Sabah Centre for Policy Studies special report "July 15: Gulenist Coup attempt"
- Mustafa Akyol's 22nd July article in the New York Times.
- A long article on "Naqshbandi-Khalidi Order and Political Islam" in Turkey from Hudson Institute.
- Academics Against Coup petition of solidarity, condolence and good will with Turkish people.
- Anti Erdogan petition from white academia narrowly focussing whiteous indignation on 'Purge' on grounds of academic freedom...
- Interview about the attempted coup with a member of the Intercultural Dialogue Platform, a Hizmet (service) affiliated initiative.
From the vaults
Video footage of Fetullah Gulen and Tayeb Erdogan officiate the nikah ceremony of footballer Hakan Sukur and Esra Elbirlik in 1994. Erdogan, then mayor of istanbul performed the nikah, while Gelen acted as Sukur's witness. Alas the wedding didnt last long. Esra died in the Izmir earthquake of 1999. There's an arrest warrant out for Hakan over the coup attempt.